Author Topic: '67 A/C Vents for Interior  (Read 3329 times)

Offline ruppstang

Re: '67 A/C Vents for Interior
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
I found a couple pictures of the Standard Camera case version of the AC controller & Right register. It sure looks like decals in these pictures but something else to note on the AC controller, the Deluxe version is chrome-faced around the lower portions on my example. Read as not blacked out around the levers. Full conversion would require a careful stripping of the black areas without smudging the portions around the lettering.

I grabbed a picture of mine w/o the blacked out area and stole one from John's earlier post to demonstrate the blackout area better of the camera-caes version.
Richard did you not believe that the camera black was appliqué? Yes the standard is blacked out with paint around the controls. When I restore one I strip it bare and repaint every thing including the letters. 

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: '67 A/C Vents for Interior
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
Richard did you not believe that the camera black was appliqué? Yes the standard is blacked out with paint around the controls. When I restore one I strip it bare and repaint every thing including the letters.

Hmmm...I know for sure the DELUXE are removable inserts, I wasn't thinking the standard, camera-case finish was an insert. I could be wrong about this though I suppose.

I wouldn't say I didn't believe you,  I simply wasn't sure whether or not it was an applique because the last time I worked on the standard interior cars WITH Select-Aire,(circa 1980) I was simply removing it all, I wasn't re-using any of it. Those last ones I took all out were because I converted the 67 Mustang dash to a 68 Cougar XR-7 dash so I never even looked at what I took off.

I bumped into these pictures of the Standard AC vents by coincidence this morning while looking at other stuff on eBay. Made me think it could help the OP to see the differences is all and it sounds like it did:
Thanks, Richard.  I've looked several times, and I understand what you're saying, but it's hard to make it out in the pictures.  So the area around the levers is blacked out on the camera case version, but is chromed on a deluxe version?  I guess that area is meant to match--black to match the black camera case, and chrome to match the brushed aluminum.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments