Author Topic: 1967 Power Brake Booster Hoses  (Read 12447 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1967 Power Brake Booster Hoses
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »
Bob : Do you have a picture of what you note as a "crimp" clamp ?

They are also shown installed and in use on three original cars in post #26

Plenty "strong" enough especially considering these are vacuum connections something that Ford didn't always clamp
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 196667Bob

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
Top picture in post #38. You most likely know this but for those who may be reading ,you have to use a tool to crimp it tight on the hose. The assemblyline ones are smooth like the picture. Many modern ones have a dimple stamped into the crimp area which I am guessing is a improvement to help that area to not distort but is a easy tip off of a non original part. 

Bob : Well, I guess it's just a matter of semantics here. I have always called the one in the top picture a "pinch" clamp, and the one in the bottom picture a "spring" clamp. Am I correct that the one in the bottom picture you are calling a "pinch" clamp ?

Thanks,

Bob
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »
Bob : Well, I guess it's just a matter of semantics here. I have always called the one in the top picture a "pinch" clamp, and the one in the bottom picture a "spring" clamp. Am I correct that the one in the bottom picture you are calling a "pinch" clamp ?

Thanks,

Bob
Yes the pinch clamp style is the lower picture in the mentioned post. You can call them what you want no harm no foul but the crimp and pinch terminology for those style clamps have been the typical description used in the Mustang/Shelby restoration hobby for several decades now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby