Author Topic: Safety convenience panel lens. Anyone change a set with the Drake Repos?  (Read 1493 times)

1967 eight barrel

How do you re-assemble the lamps once you remove the old bezel, epoxy?
                                                                                                -Keith

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
How do you re-assemble the lamps once you remove the old bezel, epoxy?
                                                                                                -Keith

Yes, I have changed mine. It was a few years back now but a few things come to mind.
1.) the chromed bezels look to be an exact match
2.) the lenses are a VERY GOOD match on three of the four lenses but ONLY FOR THE LATER VERSION USED for late 67-68 (the "SEAT" lens was completely wrong, originals were "BELT")

Be careful applying pressure in attempting to get the "tube" snapped into the bezel. The tube bends very easily and the lamp will not fit as it should. I didn't think I had bent mine but I had a little. Difficult to straighten them.

YES, I used epoxy. I believe it was JB Weld and I used a toothpick to minimize mess.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:55:12 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

I noted the originals are probably swaged on. I got them off, but as you had done, I bent the lip just slightly on the tube. I didn't check the material the tube is, but perhaps it's aluminum. Thanks for the input.
                                                                    -Keith

Offline 67gtasanjose

I noted the originals are probably swaged on. I got them off, but as you had done, I bent the lip just slightly on the tube. I didn't check the material the tube is, but perhaps it's aluminum. Thanks for the input.
                                                                    -Keith

Zinc plated steel actually, it's just very thin
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

So you simply lined up the notch and JB welded them in?
                                                                 -Keith

Offline 67gtasanjose

So you simply lined up the notch and JB welded them in?
                                                                 -Keith

I found a way to clamp them in as it cured, not sure what I did to clamp them but remember doing so
Richard Urch

1967 eight barrel

I will use plastic pressure clamps. Thanks, Keith