Author Topic: 1967 Mustang Windshield Washer Bracket  (Read 2439 times)

Offline travnemi

• Travis Waters
1967 Mustang Windshield Washer Bracket
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »
i have a 1967 GTA S Code San Jose Built Fastback. I'm looking for a windshield washer bracket. Does anyone have any idea on where I could find one. The repos don't seem to be correct.

Thanks for your time,
Travis
Travis Waters

Mine -
1967 Mustang GTA S Code, Fastback, San Jose, Built Dec. 13, 1966 (Thermactor)

Daddy / Daughter Project -
1967 Mustang S Code, Fastback, San Jose, Built Sept. 9, 1966

1967 eight barrel

Re: 1967 Mustang Windshield Washer Bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »
I am looking for one as well. The early '67 cougar will work as well. Not easy to come by because they were spot welded to the apron. I think many who replace the aprons just change to the later plastic bottle reservoir. In my case, there was dual remote oil filters and the bracket was discarded.

Anyway, if you find two, I need one..  ;D  Good luck. I have had a post in wanted for three weeks now.

-Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »
I am looking for one as well. The early '67 cougar will work as well. Not easy to come by because they were spot welded to the apron. I think many who replace the aprons just change to the later plastic bottle reservoir. In my case, there was dual remote oil filters and the bracket was discarded.

Anyway, if you find two, I need one..  ;D  Good luck. I have had a post in wanted for three weeks now.

-Keith
Have tried west coast cougar? They are forum members.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline travnemi

• Travis Waters
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 12:31:02 AM »
I just picked one up at Mustang Village.
Address: 605 Oak Ct, San Bernardino, CA 92410
Phone:(909) 383-5444
Travis Waters

Mine -
1967 Mustang GTA S Code, Fastback, San Jose, Built Dec. 13, 1966 (Thermactor)

Daddy / Daughter Project -
1967 Mustang S Code, Fastback, San Jose, Built Sept. 9, 1966

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:02 AM »
How much did they ding you for? 
                                        -Keith

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:49 AM »
Have tried west coast cougar? They are forum members.

Bob,
I did contact them. 55.00 and 10.00 to ship is a bit pricey.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 AM »
Bob,
I did contact them. 55.00 and 10.00 to ship is a bit pricey.

Pricey? What isn't? Sometimes, peace of mind is worth that little bit of dough! (as in not needing to obsess over looking for something)

Keith, How much is your car worth when completed? I gave up counting the costs...and mine will probably NEVER be worth what I am putting into it, at least not within my lifetime anyways!

I just saw a white 67 GT500 for sale the other day in central Ca. for $200K! That provides like up to 10 times the room for having some sort of return on investment! My Coupe, if auctioned & finished as a Concours Gold winner, WITHOUT RESERVE wouldn't likely even make $50K! My estimate would be it would be somewhere between $20K-$40K...Only a labor of love for me!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »
Richard,
It's a 67 500, so the value is obvious. You also are aware of what a total restoration cost, even when you do the majority of the work except paint and machine work. Who would have ever thought paint and panel alignment would cost almost 16,000 dollars on a rust free vehicle?
Anyway, I am medically retired with a myriad of issues and oddly, I look at the vehicle as a life insurance policy of sorts.
However, in the trek of locating what was parted out, I probably have at least half the amount of the vehicle's worth. I can only image what I would have in this if I wasn't very skilled mechanically.
Perhaps the issue is every time I think I have everything, I stumble onto something else that isn't right, or I am not happy with reproduction part, or the finish on something.
Anyway, I will soon start posting pictures of the build here.

-Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
Richard,
It's a 67 500, so the value is obvious. You also are aware of what a total restoration cost, even when you do the majority of the work except paint and machine work. Who would have ever thought paint and panel alignment would cost almost 16,000 dollars on a rust free vehicle?
Anyway, I am medically retired with a myriad of issues and oddly, I look at the vehicle as a life insurance policy of sorts.
However, in the trek of locating what was parted out, I probably have at least half the amount of the vehicle's worth. I can only image what I would have in this if I wasn't very skilled mechanically.
Perhaps the issue is every time I think I have everything, I stumble onto something else that isn't right, or I am not happy with reproduction part, or the finish on something.
Anyway, I will soon start posting pictures of the build here.

-Keith
FYI the life insurance policies (67 Shelby's) that sell for the most money typically are the ones that are the closest to stock . No lowered A arms ,LeMans stripes etc. Just sayin. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 05:14:34 AM »
Bob, well it has both. I can certainly see that with someone who is going to do a Thoroughbred restoration. I just didn't think it out years ago when it would have been much easier to do because of availability of NOS parts without having to offer up your right testicle on the altar of parts acquisition.  8)
She'll represent. We all can't keep a good vehicle harnessed to a garage and trailer. Some need to breathe deep and stretch their legs a bit once in a while. It keeps the memory alive from days gone by and brings another generation to our hobby/passion..

-Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
Bob, well it has both. I can certainly see that with someone who is going to do a Thoroughbred restoration. I just didn't think it out years ago when it would have been much easier to do because of availability of NOS parts without having to offer up your right testicle on the altar of parts acquisition.  8)
She'll represent. We all can't keep a good vehicle harnessed to a garage and trailer. Some need to breathe deep and stretch their legs a bit once in a while. It keeps the memory alive from days gone by and brings another generation to our hobby/passion..

-Keith
There is nothing wrong in personalization of ones own car if that is what you want.  I thought I would point it out for your ongoing restoration and the choices you are yet to make given you mentioned the investment aspect of it.  FYI it doesn't have to be a thoroughbred restoration to be as original. Many nice pleasure driven cars out there that don't have the owner personalized add ons . It seems like from your recent posts that you are moving right along. Glad to hear it.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 12:46:58 AM »
Bob,
It's coming now, and in a hurry. I am getting ready to run the engine in on a dyno. With a completely painted car, the last thing I want to do is have to pull an engine back out because of a rear main leak, or a new cam going flat. It's worth the 450.00 to run it in and get the tune close out of the car.
It will be nice to have it on the road after over 30 years of two steps forward, one step back. Dealing with unscrupulous body shops and such.

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »
Just in case it is not clear to those that need to know or are wondering, I took some pictures of a "non" San Jose windshield washer bracket and a San Jose bracket (with the "dog leg" bend).
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660