Author Topic: 1967-68 Rocker Panel Moldings - Summary  (Read 7335 times)

Online ruppstang

Re: 1967-68 Rocker Panel Moldings - Summary
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 12:33:03 AM »
I emailed Kevin Marti about the Rocker molding being list separately and here is what he said.

There are many duplications of options on cars. Often, disc brakes is part of the GT package, but it is still listed separately on the report. Items are listed on the report because that is the way Ford chose to set up their system.  If I had to guess why Ford did this, I would guess it was part of inventory tracking. It made it easier for them to determine how many rocker panel moldings to order from their suppliers by having it entered in the system every time a car came with them. This practice is still in existence today at Ford. When I run a report on a modern vehicle that has a particular package, some of the items in the package also appear on the report.

Window stickers list what is in the sprint option.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Kevin Marti

Does anyone have a window sticker for a Sprint?

Online ruppstang

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »
 Kevin Marti is a huge help to our hobby with his Marti reports and other research in to our cars.

He has come through and given us the answer we needed to settle the question to whether rocker molding were included in the 67 Sports Sprint option by providing a sample window sticker from a 67 Sports Sprint. That is the Ford documentation needed that proves that rocker moldings were part of the 67 Sports Sprint option.
Marty

Offline IndyFive-O

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
Kevin Marti is a huge help to our hobby with his Marti reports and other research in to our cars.

He has come through and given us the answer we needed to settle the question to whether rocker molding were included in the 67 Sports Sprint option by providing a sample window sticker from a 67 Sports Sprint. That is the Ford documentation needed that proves that rocker moldings were part of the 67 Sports Sprint option.
Marty

Thank you for spending the time confirming this ruppstang.
1967 289 Coupe "Sports Sprint"
2007 GT/CS

Offline Ralf

• http://mustang-cabrio-67.jimdo.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 04:17:49 AM »
Question here on fitment.

Any experience if a set of repro clipses (incl. front clips) will fit to original (not repo) rocker panel mouldings?

Are there any issues not using them, or even impossible to use them?

Btw. I'm looking for a NOS set of such clipses. May be someone has them for sale.

Thx Ralf
1967 Convertible 289, C4 Automatic, Built Nov 30 1966, SJ, DSO75.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »
Question here on fitment.

Any experience if a set of repro clipses (incl. front clips) will fit to original (not repo) rocker panel mouldings?

Are there any issues not using them, or even impossible to use them?

Btw. I'm looking for a NOS set of such clipses. May be someone has them for sale.

Thx Ralf

Did you buy some NOS moldings finally?
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Ralf

• http://mustang-cabrio-67.jimdo.com/
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:22 AM »
Yes.

Do you have a set of clipses for sale?
1967 Convertible 289, C4 Automatic, Built Nov 30 1966, SJ, DSO75.