Author Topic: What is the correct "Radiator and Shroud Fan" for my 67?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: What is the correct "Radiator and Shroud Fan" for my 67?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
Easy to answer.
There is no original radiator to find. And if, they are more or less dead. So here, almost no other choice than to use aftermarket. And especially due to the fact that I'm living in GER
which makes things rather complex. If someone is able to provide me an original top for this 20" radiator (as proposed to do this), I would be glad.
Dual NOS exhaust tips are rare, but can be find....
I disagree with your assessment.  Besides my judging credentials  I have bought parts for decades for my personal collection of Shelby's. I have counseled owners in that regard for decades too. Now that I am retired I use that same knowledge and networking to buy and sell parts occasionally. I don't tie up money keeping 67 SB radiators because number one it is hard to get anyone to pay much for one given the space and handling requirements in keeping them and because they are still relatively common which keeps the price down  . Four speed radiators or much harder to find but still out there. Radiators can be rebuilt . On the other hand only the best used exhaust tips can be made usable .  Most exhaust tips were thrown away unlike radiators that were rebuilt and reused. I can't remember the last time I even say a pair of tips at a swap meet or usable ones at a salvage yard. The correct 67 exhaust tip is twenty times or more harder to find compared to a 67 auto A/C radiator IMO.   All of my parts come from the US , I network with many other part vendors as well, so if that is where you source your parts the percentages should be the same . FYI I will sell but will not ship outside the US given the shipping hassle isn't worth the prices I sell at IMO. Just my opinion based on my experience.Others may have different.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Ralf

• http://mustang-cabrio-67.jimdo.com/
Re: What is the correct "Radiator and Shroud Fan" for my 67?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »
The main difference. You are in the US, I'm in Germany. This fact makes things much more difficult. Also in searching.
I have seen more NOS 67/68 tips compared to original radiators in www. Unfortunately I do not have the contacts in the US and I can not visit swap meets.....

As I said, if someone has the NOS or really good parts
- rocker moldings
- dual exhaust tips
- deluxe horn pad black
- underhood light
- radiator 67 AC
Would be glad to buy them. Not necessarily to be shipped to GER. But to a colleague of mine in Troy [MI].

If you know a source, pls let me know.
Thx
Raf
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:05:34 PM by Ralf »
1967 Convertible 289, C4 Automatic, Built Nov 30 1966, SJ, DSO75.