1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 S code alternator mounting help

<< < (2/7) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ceggar on February 24, 2017, 12:55:22 PM ---I see where the adjusting bracket mounts along with the a/c bracket, its the lower triangle bracket that wont line up with any other hole than where the adjusting/ac bracket is mounted. Is it possible that triangle bracket was not used with a/c?.......................

--- End quote ---

IMHO its possible for a San Jose non Thermactor 390 to have been equipped with the larger dual mount (alternator and thermactor) plate and using the lower alternator mounting location with the standard (for thermactor 390) adjusting arm.  Seeing and have seen may too many of these brackets on unrestored San Jose non-thermactor 67's

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 24, 2017, 06:39:07 PM ---IMHO its possible for a San Jose non Thermactor 390 to have been equipped with the larger dual mount (alternator and thermactor) plate and using the lower alternator mounting location with the standard (for thermactor 390) adjusting arm.  Seeing and have seen may too many of these brackets on unrestored San Jose non-thermactor 67's

--- End quote ---
I can only speak of my observations of the non thermactor ,A/C 67 GT500's . I have one in my shop at this moment.  In those cases the thermactor bracket was not used on a non thermactor car. Since a different non thermactor A/C triangle bracket is available and used on the GT500 engine and most likely other applications I am surprised to read reports of the brackets thermactor bracket and lower mounting being used on non thermactor 390 Mustangs. I agree it is possible. 

ceggar:
Ok the triangle bracket I have is C5TE-10156-A which only lines up with the hole that the adjusting bracket and a/c mount is bolted to. It looks like the C6AE-B is the right adjusting bracket.Bob do you have the number for the correct triangle bracket and/or know where to find one? If not I will have to go with the low mount as I have all the smog stuff.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: ceggar on February 24, 2017, 09:48:56 PM ---Ok the triangle bracket I have is C5TE-10156-A which only lines up with the hole that the adjusting bracket and a/c mount is bolted to. It looks like the C6AE-B is the right adjusting bracket.Bob do you have the number for the correct triangle bracket and/or know where to find one? If not I will have to go with the low mount as I have all the smog stuff.

--- End quote ---
I am sorry but it is on the car and a engineering number is not visible in the paint.

67gt390fb:
I believe those are the right brackets you have, C5TE-10156-A and C6AE-B.  I can get pictures of mounting position Monday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version