1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

68 seat belt identification !?

<< < (2/2)

stangerdude:
I stand corrected! I just assumed since every 68 deluxe interior I have worked on over the years had the chrome trim rings even without the warning light included in the group.   Paul

Andrew@MagMustangs:

--- Quote from: stangerdude on November 18, 2017, 05:09:14 PM ---I stand corrected! I just assumed since every 68 deluxe interior I have worked on over the years had the chrome trim rings even without the warning light included in the group.   Paul

--- End quote ---
In 1968 the BELTS light was just a small lens hidden in the instrument cluster (unless the car was optioned with the safety convenience light panel). It was not a noticeable chrome bezeled lens / light at dash bottom like on earlier or even later cars. It would be very easy to overlook, especially if the relay wasn't working, or burnt fuse, and the light never came on. The BELTS lens in the cluster was on every car built but it was only wired to work on cars with deluxe seat belt option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version