1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Found etchings on my radiator support- 66 NJ Oct 65 - K Code

<< < (2/6) > >>

J_Speegle:
Using the method I outlined

Picture #1 & #3 - since the other marking you decoded shows a standard interior was the interior a Parchment?

Picture #4 is likely PIO which would identify the body was going to be a GT and needed certain things added or not added

Since NJ are fairly rare in unrestored condition (allot of them too rusty to help out in unrestored form) I don't have allot of radiator support pre paint markings to help or give us many clues

You interior and exterior codes might help - just for comparison purposes and maybe a place to start

evantugby:
Jeff,
PIO?! That's awesome! My kar is (was) a GT. Here is the info you asked for:

63A Z 26 23K 41 5 5

ChrisV289:
Was the exterior color Y? Just curious why take a Factory GT and clone it into a Shelby?

evantugby:

--- Quote from: ChrisV289 on February 19, 2018, 11:03:48 PM ---Was the exterior color Y? Just curious why take a Factory GT and clone it into a Shelby?

--- End quote ---

To some people they would rather have a Shelby but can't afford it. So a k-code is the closest thing to a Shelby gt350. Besides, this kar was original sauterne gold (puke) and I'm not interested in converting it back. 

OldGuy:
I'm a little confused. You are working the minutia but are modifying the car from original (Shelby clone with the wrong exterior color and more than likely wrong color interior). These departures are going to be hard to explain if you ever show the car. I think that you need to pick a theme (total stock or "modified") and go in that direction. If you pick the "modified" route you can save yourself a lot of time (which you say you have little of) and focus on the more important things.

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version