Author Topic: 1969 grill  (Read 768 times)

Offline yello9f02g

1969 grill
« on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:08 PM »
The parts catalogue lists 2 different grills for 1969 Mustangs, C9ZZ-8200-A which is all black plastic and C9ZZ-8200-C which is chrome. The chrome is only on the front surface. Question is the the C9ZZ-8200-C come standard on an '69 Mustangs? I have seen the chrome faced grill but wonder if it was original to the car.  A C9ZZ-8200-B is Shelby only.

Offline rockhouse66

Re: 1969 grill
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »
Good question.  I don't think the chrome faced grill was standard on anything but, if so, why did it exist?  I would like to find a nice one for my black Grande' because I think it would look good and appropriate for the car.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1969 grill
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
First welcome to the site. We hope that you find the site useful in your concours/restoration needs. Lots of subjects already discussed so try and get comfortable with the search feature or just browse in the section you have interest in. Again welcome

Subject has come up before the internet and continues to pop up on it in discussions all the time. I know of no one that has discovered why it was made or what Ford planned on using it on. Have seen cars were it was likely used to repair a car after an accident by a Ford dealership and a few owners who found a NOS one and added it to their car to make it stand out in a crowd. Few have claimed it "was original" but few of these are original owners or have period pictures showing their car with one.  May be something like the parts made for models that were never built and Ford didn't have a use for them so they got packaged and moved into the service replacement parts stream since they could be used on any 69. Think I've likely seen 8-10 new ones over the years
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)