Author Topic: Seatbelt Restoration  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Seatbelt Restoration
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 12:26:24 AM »
Does Python use the correct thickness on the webbing? Snake-Oyl does not. They did mine, look great though
The webbing was the correct thickness plus the pattern of the webbing was correct on all of the ones that I have ever had done. That was a issue with snake-oyl not being correct compared to factory and is why I stopped using them.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Steve.chatman

Re: Seatbelt Restoration
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
I just got the belts for my 69 GT350 back from Stewart at Python in October and he did a perfect job, cost me just over $600
The shoulder harnesses and tag were in perfect shape so all he did was clean an dye those and all of my retractors worked fine. Stewart had to re-web the front and rear belts and put new date coded tags on them. Most of my hardware was ok and only had to replace a couple of them along with each one of the buckle surrounds and button decals. Stewart told me it would take several months but I was in no hurry, he did ask if I had a deadline to be ready for a show or something so if you need yours back faster then let him know but don?t expect miracles. If you need something done fast then restoring cars is not for you.