Author Topic: Accelerator/throttle shaft pedal restoration  (Read 1133 times)

Offline jswoody

Accelerator/throttle shaft pedal restoration
« on: June 18, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »
When looking at the throttle shaft assembly for a 1967 mustang 428 with automatic transmission, there are two thin wave type split spring washers between the rod/bracket and washers.  Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement of these when they deteriorate and rust through?  Any help is appreciated. 

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Accelerator/throttle shaft pedal restoration
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:57:29 PM »
When looking at the throttle shaft assembly for a 1967 mustang 428 with automatic transmission, there are two thin wave type split spring washers between the rod/bracket and washers.  Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement of these when they deteriorate and rust through?  Any help is appreciated.
Wave washers also used in 3 and four speed shifter linkage.Maybe experiment with that application as a source.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:00:27 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:14:51 PM »
I don't know what ID you need, but check out AMK https://www.amkproducts.com/
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jswoody

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 09:31:05 AM »
Thank you for both responses.  I was able to find the wave washers at Virginia Mustang in a manual shifter kit, as well as AMK in the Bulk section.  Thank you again for this help.