Author Topic: Another site noob- 67 S code coupe owner  (Read 576 times)

Offline RandyA

Another site noob- 67 S code coupe owner
« on: November 13, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
Hey guys, thought I'd drop in a note to say hello, introduce myself, and begin my journey! My name is Randy and I'm a longtime Mustang guy. Owned many fox bodies, Saleens, and other fun cars but only a handful of "real" mustangs (kidding!). I recently picked up a fairly nice optioned 67 S code, 4 speed, non GT coupe that I am really excited about. Sadly it was stripped for someone else's project so I obtained it as somewhat of a rolling shell that was missing almost all of the good stuff. I have a basket case C code car that makes a perfect donor "for the cause" but I'm sure it will be a lengthy, expensive undertaking!

Knowing it will never be a "number match" car, I do want to build her as close to original as possible. Any advice from the members here as to this journey and where you would focus efforts and energy? I know this is a broad ranging topic but I do love any feedback and advice the experts here are able to provide!

I have sourced an incorrect date 390 but I have been able to gather some correct, difficult to find 390GT parts (heads, exhaust manifolds, etc.) as well as what I believe to be a correct "RUG M" 4 speed.

Thanks and cheers from Colorado!

Randy
1967 S-Code 4 speed coupe (non GT)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Another site noob- 67 S code coupe owner
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »
I know of a pair of 390 GT heads a year or so back. My brother had them. If interested pm me.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Another site noob- 67 S code coupe owner
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
W4elcome Randy. Hope you find the site, information and support for your concours related efforts helpful as you go through the project(s)

Since we've been open for ten years lots of information and threads to read and don't forget to check the Library and Unrestored picture thread section out also.  Experiment with the search and what gets you good results as that can help reduce the over all number of threads about the same thing over and offer. You will  notice a members cars section if you want to tell us more about your specific car and your progress as you go along.

Again welcome
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)