Author Topic: Library App ?  (Read 563 times)

Offline Brian Conway

Library App ?
« on: April 26, 2020, 05:15:58 PM »
So i am in the Library section and want to look up exhaust bolts for a 69.  Seems I need an ' app ' to open the file ?  Never had that notice appear before ?  I just know it's gotta be my computer doing something but asking anyway.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Library App ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »
To open and use the files posted in the Hardware sections found in the Library (Thanks Jim!!)you will need a program on your computer or reader that can open .xlxs a Microsoft Excell file.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Library App ?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:11:38 PM »
So i am in the Library section and want to look up exhaust bolts for a 69.  Seems I need an ' app ' to open the file ?  Never had that notice appear before ?  I just know it's gotta be my computer doing something but asking anyway.  Brian
That's ironic in a way, I installed Windows 10 a couple of weeks back and had to reformat my hard drive so everything was lost (mostly software, I back up data often). I had Microsoft Office on disc so that was no problem. What I was missing was Adobe Acrobat Reader which I literally just finished down loading about 10 minutes ago. Window 10 has a reader, but it does not always work.
Back to your "problem", and here are a couple of solutions:
- You can download "Microsoft Excel Reader" for free. Enter that on a big time web search engine, follow the instructions and it will take care of itself.
- Download a software package called "Open Office". It's free. It can open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet files; open edit, and save Microsoft Word files; create spreadsheets and create documents.
What I did for my Adobe Acrobat (they end in .pdf) was the same, download their reader.
Now, I will continue surfing this site, surf the web next, while sipping on a Brandy Manhattan. Dinner is Steak Marsala. Enjoy self-quarantine.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.