Author Topic: How Save Ford Logo Cloth Tag on Seat Belts  (Read 847 times)

Offline kkupec02

How Save Ford Logo Cloth Tag on Seat Belts
« on: October 30, 2021, 02:51:38 PM »
The original seat belts in my car have the original Ford Logo cloth tags, but they are tearing/separating at the stitch. Should I restitch them or are they just going to fall apart anyway? A little super glue to preserve them in place? Any suggestions? Thanks.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: How Save Ford Logo Cloth Tag on Seat Belts
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 06:09:27 PM »
Would try and restitch them but if they are too far gone and if the belts are in good condition and cleaned then have reproductions installed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Steve.chatman

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 12:33:30 PM »
I had PYTHON Restoration do my belts on my 69 Shelby and they are perfect. My tags were falling off and they have a reproduction tag that they date coded when they re-webbed everything, takes a 2-3 months but it was well worth it.  Stewart does a great job!

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
I had PYTHON Restoration do my belts on my 69 Shelby and they are perfect. My tags were falling off and they have a reproduction tag that they date coded when they re-webbed everything, takes a 2-3 months but it was well worth it.  Stewart does a great job!

For the past couple of years, Stuart/Python has been running behind. With the loss of his father, covid and supply issues, you can expect a lot longer wait times to get your belts back. But give him time, and the end result is worth it.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build