Author Topic: 69/70 hockey stick question.  (Read 874 times)

Offline HDAshmore

69/70 hockey stick question.
« on: December 22, 2021, 11:04:02 PM »
Anyone know why this hockey stick has "spec" in part designation?

Thanks Dan in Kansas
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:07:49 PM by HDAshmore »

Online jwc66k

Re: 69/70 hockey stick question.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 12:42:32 PM »
It could be an abbreviation for specification.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:08:25 PM »
Jim,

Thanks for the input.  I jumped on a thread on the Boss forum and used this forum to pose the question and post a pic.  Linked it back to the Boss forum.  I was told that it was for a fold down and possibly meant "Special" When held up to other that don't state "SPEC" it is just a few millimeters in height.  I think you wouldn't notice but that's what we found when comparing.  Hopey on the Boss Forum had an interesting suggestion also.  I am okay with whatever it means if someone can validate.  I like the thought of it being for fold downs and have no reason to doubt my much more learned friends that told me that at Marysville.  However, I am open to reality if anyone can share it.

I now wish I still had the piece so I could lay do in-depth comparisons to matching numbers sets but sadly I traded it this fall.

Dan in Kansas

Online jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 12:15:22 AM »
Dan,
I'm reading the entire line as "SPEC 40-2529". I don't believe it's a Ford related reference as I've seen a lot of strange vendor information on cast parts like on the inside of 65-66 headlight buckets. A customer doesn't see them, only us nosy guys.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.