Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

427 GT-E on BAT

(1/2) > >>

RoyceP:
Seems like a pretty good car. Lots of little details I would have done differently but overall pretty good.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-mercury-cougar-gte-427/

67gtasanjose:
* no sunroof, I'm out!  ;)

Bob Gaines:
I am not versed in GTE lore but I thought the the GTE 427 engines were hydraulic top oiling engines typically and not the solid lifter side oiler blocks as the description indicates?

preaction:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 09, 2022, 02:48:31 PM ---I am not versed in GTE lore but I thought the the GTE 427 engines were hydraulic top oiling engines typically and not the solid lifter side oiler blocks as the description indicates?

--- End quote ---
Side oiler one year only blocks hydraulic 390GT cammed and detuned to 390hp

RoyceP:

All of the 427 Cougar GT-E's are side oilers rated by Ford at 390HP. There were 357 built with the 427 engine, 101 with standard interior and 256 with the nicer interior this one has.

For comparison there were many times more Boss 429 Mustangs built over two model years. Ford rated the Boss 429 at 375HP.

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 09, 2022, 02:48:31 PM ---I am not versed in GTE lore but I thought the the GTE 427 engines were hydraulic top oiling engines typically and not the solid lifter side oiler blocks as the description indicates?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version