Author Topic: Air cleaner wing nut used on Hipo and other Ford applications  (Read 780 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
The common wing nut used on Hipo,Shelby and many times other regular Mustang applications . AMK sells them .  The dimple corresponds with a indent on the air cleaner  as a stopping point to hold in place. Sometimes the wing nut has two dimples . They are typically zinc silver. Someone asked about this and so I thought to post it here but JS if you find a more appropriate place please feel free to move it. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 05:31:36 PM by J_Speegle »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Air cleaner wing nut used on Hipo and other Ford applications
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 06:52:10 PM »
Going to move this to the Drivetrain section since it applies to multiple years (Hipo and non-Hipo) and in that section we've included items such as carbs and air cleaners for past threads

Couple of additional pictures

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline specialed

Re: Air cleaner wing nut used on Hipo and other Ford applications
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 09:42:08 AM »
Back years ago I found a case of wing nuts along with many other parts and hardware that came out of the ford plant. The  unopened case had 500 quantity and a c7zf ford id # on the box so there must have been a change in 67 with that id # .  I kept a handful of them and traded the case to max at AMK so he was selling nos wing nuts back years ago but I don't remember if they had 1 pr 2 dimples but can look here for any I had left but there must have been a change in 67 with that ford eng #.