Author Topic: Decode P/S hose ?  (Read 343 times)

Offline Kyle Zammit

Decode P/S hose ?
« on: March 02, 2024, 05:02:35 PM »
Hi all,

I have two Power steering hoses from two early 67 mustang. Is the number 264 is the day of the year and 6 for 1966 and other hose 283 day of the year and 6 for 1966 please?
Any information please?

Pictures:

Thanks.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Decode P/S hose ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 10:26:00 PM »
Typically engineering number and date are stamped in the metal crimped end.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 02:04:31 AM »
The crimped metal ends do nit have any numbers.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 12:09:57 PM »
The crimped metal ends do nit have any numbers.
Since you are typically asking about 67GT500 that was the context of my answer . I would assume it would be the same for the regular Mustang PS hose you picture. A explanation could be a generic although vintage replacement .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 04:15:32 PM »
I have the Original used Assembly line hoses from the 67 Shelby. The number on the hose is not a date code?

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 04:24:45 PM »
The high pressure hose do not have a date code on the metal crimped ends judt the markings on the rubber hose . But the lower high pressure has the correct date code on the crimped end same on the valve to pump hose.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 05:15:12 PM »
The high pressure hose do not have a date code on the metal crimped ends judt the markings on the rubber hose . But the lower high pressure has the correct date code on the crimped end same on the valve to pump hose.
I have 6 sets of used upper ,lower ,and return P/S hose from 67 GT500's here and half have the engineering number and Julian date code on them and the other half not. It may be a MFG difference. It is nice when the engineering number and date code are stamped on the crimped end because it helps in identification.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 05:17:30 PM by Bob Gaines »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 05:23:34 PM »
Hopefully your C7 marked return hose is good enough to reuse and re plate. That was a one year only and has slightly different bends compared to the C8 marked hose that superseded it. I have only had two NOS C7 ones in all my years of parts hunting and one went on 0001 and the other the 67 GT500 prototype convertible.

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 03:54:58 PM »
Thanks for your help. I am looking for a nos C7ZZ-3A713-B Return hose. My used one has a crack on the hose. I have NOS High pressure and NOS lower high pressure hoses.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 04:41:13 PM »
Thanks for your help. I am looking for a nos C7ZZ-3A713-B Return hose. My used one has a crack on the hose. I have NOS High pressure and NOS lower high pressure hoses.
All of the ones that I have used that I keep for reference have various degrees of wear that precludes them from being used only on a survivor type car not a show car. As I mentioned before I have only had two NOS ones in about 40 years of parts hunting (and I have hunted more then many)so you have some long odds of finding a NOS one but that is not to say you never will . I just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations. I would not overlook a usable used original one that can be re plated to use or at least be a place holder until you find something better. Best of luck on your search.

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 05:34:10 PM »
Ok thanks for all the information.