Author Topic: Congrats Murf  (Read 1765 times)

Offline ruppstang

Congrats Murf
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
I got my Mustang Monthly this week and found a nice write up on John Murphy's 68 GT-CS. I saw the car at the Mustang OK. MCA national show last year and it is every bit as nice as the pictures in the magazine. I am enjoying the concours restoration on our 68 HCS but after seeing John's car and the hidden improvements has me thinking that may be the path I take on the next project. We love to drive to shows and it would be great to get mid 20s MPG. Congrats John see you this Summer. Marty

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Congrats Murf
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:26:36 PM »
Congrats to John, such a great person to have in the hobby!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Murf

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »
Thank you.  It is an honor to have a car featured in MM, and the people on this forum deserve most of the credit.   Without the help and advice so freely given from so many of you the project would still be in "the  struggle stage" and probably unfinished.  Thanks to every one of you for the information you shared, each of the images you provided and your encouragement.    The car was a labor of love and the reward is a comfy vehicle that is fun to drive. 
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »
John your being kind as always- though we do have a great group/collection of people participating here  ;)

Congratulations !!
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
Beautiful and Special. Great color Combo. Nice Job!!.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
Great article about a great car and a better guy.  John, you are certainly an asset to the hobby.