Author Topic: Mystical Build Mustang Benefit for the American Cancer Society  (Read 1721 times)

Offline ruppstang

Mystical Build Mustang Benefit for the American Cancer Society
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
Tari and I traveled to Lee's Summit Mo. to R-A Motorsports last Saturday to work on Mary Jean Wesche's Mystical build Mustang. It blew my mind to know that the Wendsday before that the car was not even painted. The first pictures were what it looked like when we got there Saturday afternoon. We worked till 2AM Sunday,then got a few hours of sleep and worked till 5:30 PM On our way home Jeff Yergovich call to say it was off the cart and on it's wheels. Our goal was met. They hope to drive it in the trailer today to deliver it to Las Vegas NV. for the SEMA show. Dynacorn donated the body and asked if it could be displayed in their booth at the SEMA show. It was a lot of hard work but was real neat to be part of this cool gift to the American Cancor Society. There are many more details about this project to be found at www.mysticalbuildmustang.org . This was far from a concours restoration but I thought those here may be interested. Marty
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:37:46 AM by ruppstang »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Mystical Build Mustang Benefit for the American Cancer Society
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
I am going over there tonight after work and check it out . Now that all the hard work is done ;D . Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
That's a lot of hard work!

Correction to link:

http://www.mysticalbuild.org/
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »
I got a up date to night. The car is running and driving!!! WOW All assembled in one week! They drove it in the trailer to head west tomorrow. I can't wait to see it. I understand that Scott Fuller's exhaust got there today and sounds great.
Bob it was great to see you at the Ford fest Saturday. It was a real treat to see your GT40 in it's vintage colors. Marty

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 01:59:54 AM »
I got a up date to night. The car is running and driving!!! WOW All assembled in one week! They drove it in the trailer to head west tomorrow. I can't wait to see it. I understand that Scott Fuller's exhaust got there today and sounds great.
Bob it was great to see you at the Ford fest Saturday. It was a real treat to see your GT40 in it's vintage colors. Marty
It was great to get it out to drive too. The cars are great but seeing friends is icing on the cake. I saw the Mystic build car tonight and it has turned out great. Jeff came up with a nice little fender cut away detail to show off the suspension. They were busting their rumps getting the car ready enough to load . It sounded great even without resonators . You couldn't really tell they weren't there. Straight pipes through the transverse. The red Cinnamon color is striking. It has a ways before it is finished completely but it will show nicely at SEMA. At least they don't have to push it the 2 blocks from unloading to the final spot.  :D . Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby