Author Topic: Announcement !!  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
Re: Announcement !!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 01:22:59 AM »
Randy, Jeff-
    What happened to the "donations" button? I've got 9 buttons across the top of the main page:

HOME  HELP  SEARCH  PROFILE  MY MESSAGES  CALENDAR  GALLERY  MEMBERS  LOGOUT

Didn't the donations button used to be here, I've used it in the past but that was before the last upgrade or did it get moved somewhere else?

Thanks,
Greg

Sorry Guys,

I got caught up in work again..............

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the link. Have all of you made donations prior?

It could be a browser issue also. Are you using the new theme?

MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger

Offline Daddisgrl

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »

Sorry Guys,

I got caught up in work again..............

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the link. Have all of you made donations prior?

It could be a browser issue also. Are you using the new theme?

I have a feeling that once a donation is made; the option to donate is gone. I'm not familiar with the forum software you're using; it's not one I've used before.
I haven't looked around much; if sigs are enabled; you could add the donate button code; you could also add Jeff's email (it is not found on your profile) as code like this. 
 Direct photo donation email
Link to donate to concoursmustang.com - specify photos or forum

For those that donate for photos; you can have someone make up a sig "badge" that admins or donating members can add to their sig.

Something to think about; you may want to look for a more secure photo sharing site. What's to stop someone from directly hot linking your photos to another forum? My biggest pet peeve is people doing this & with the amount of money people are donating; you also should see if you can make it so that there is no left clicking to save images. If you did something like that; you could put one person in charge of sending out the full download URL via email or PM. Yes; it's a little work; but would be worth it in the end to protect your photos.

Nice site you have here btw.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »

Something to think about; you may want to look for a more secure photo sharing site. What's to stop someone from directly hot linking your photos to another forum? My biggest pet peeve is people doing this & with the amount of money people are donating; you also should see if you can make it so that there is no left clicking to save images. If you did something like that; you could put one person in charge of sending out the full download URL via email or PM. Yes; it's a little work; but would be worth it in the end to protect your photos.

Nice site you have here btw.

Thanks - currently the pictures the site has purchased are being stored in a separate site with the privacy settings turned on. But of course someone can likely figure away around anything that has a link to the internet

Thanks for the suggests we're always looking for ways to make things better
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)