Author Topic: Group 22-24 battery Hold-Down Plate  (Read 1483 times)

Offline mmv.mustangs

Group 22-24 battery Hold-Down Plate
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
I have a very limited supply of cast battery hold downs with the correct notched out tang. These were cast from originals. Please be aware that these need to be worked with a dremel and file to remove all the casting rough edging. In some cases, a bit of metal prep or plastic filler can be used to really eliminate imperfections. The enclosed pictures show the originals along with the unfinished cast ones. Once painted the appropriate black color, these plates once installed in the car cannot be distinguished as reproductions. I had these made as a one time run. When they are gone, they are gone. I will be selling the last of my batch. Each plate whether a group 22 or 24 will sell for 22.00 plus shipping. Note... plate with an "X" is original.

Mark Vasquez, Ca.

mmv.boss302@att.net

Offline dbm350

Re: Group 22-24 battery Hold-Down Plate
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »
     I just purchased one of these from Mark and they are very nice.  Just need a little bit of finishing with heavy primer or some spot putty. They appear to be very accurate.  Fast service also.    Doug

Offline 64rustang

• Holland Patent, NY
Re: Group 22-24 battery Hold-Down Plate
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
I received a group 24 hold down plate today from Mark.  It's a nice piece.  Much nicer than the repro one I have.  A little elbow grease and it'll be perfect.  Very fast inexpensive shipping too.  Leo
BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  TRAN
 65A        D        46       27E      22       3        6
VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
5F07U148XXX