Author Topic: Radiator Bug Screen  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Sunlitgold68

Radiator Bug Screen
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

I found a product at mustangs plus called a Radiator Bug Screen for the 1st generation Mustangs, was wondering if anybody is using this and how well it works. Thanks

For concours driven owners, are there other alternatives during the warmer months for keeping the radiator and fan nice looking?

http://www.mustangsplus.com/tech/bugscreen/index.html
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline 64rustang

• Holland Patent, NY
Re: Radiator Bug Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
I made something almost identical to that for about $10. It works great. I bought a window screen kit from Ace Hardware along with a roll of adhesive backed magnetic strip.  My original plan was to use the magnetic strip to adhere the screen to the front of the radiator support.  However, I found that I could simply slide the frame between my radiator and radiator support.  I then used a strip of the magnet on the top of the screen frame to keep it from rattling around.  The magnet holds the screen to the radiator support. I simply remove it after I arrive at a show, and there is no evidence it ever existed.  I do not have air conditioning.  I'm not sure how this would work with a condenser in place.  If interested, I could take some photos.
BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  TRAN
 65A        D        46       27E      22       3        6
VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
5F07U148XXX