Author Topic: Vendor Alert -  (Read 4158 times)

Offline jwc66k

Vendor Alert -
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
The vendor is Python Restorations in Richardson, Texas, seatbelts.
My story:
- I e-mailed Python asking about seatbelt cores on Monday, March 5, 2012, and got a reply on the same day.
- On Monday, March 12, 2012, I sent the cores by USPS, and an e-mail stating the "cores are in the mail", and got a reply on the same day. The USPS gave a delivery date of Monday, March 17, 2012.
- Since then I have got no direct reply from Python but have made two phone calls to Stewart getting evasive replies to my questions including did my seatbelt cores arrive. He did say he would make my belts and credit me for cores.
- On Monday, April 2, 2012, I sent another e-mail with a copy of my cover letter. The reply from Python on the same day was "wait until after Easter".
I'm still waiting.
Has anybody else had a similar experience with Python?
Also posted on the Hi-Po Mustang forum.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Vendor Alert -
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Jim, I have only had the best of luck with Stewart.I have heard the same from others. I have meet him numerous times in the past and he has always seemed like a stand up guy. I am sure he will resolve your problem. Too bad he is late however.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:42:06 PM »
He seems to run pretty late on his schedules/promises, but does nice work.  I tend to hang in there with him, based on being happy with the end result.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »
MAN!  He sure treated me right last year.  E V E R Y T H I N G was quick and perfect.  My opinion is when folks with that much positive feedback, begin to get negative reports...it means something "out of their control" is happening in their life.

Could be a divorce, medical problems, accident, death of a family member, or mental health issues.  I'm just saying HE SURE TREATED ME RIGHT.
66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline craig429

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
I have also had good luck with Stewart.  But I was not any any kind of hurry. I am very happy with my blue belts.
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
Jim, I have only had the best of luck with Stewart.I have heard the same from others. I have meet him numerous times in the past and he has always seemed like a stand up guy. I am sure he will resolve your problem. Too bad he is late however.

The exact same applies to my experiences with Stewart.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline sparky65

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
I emailed him a few times in February talking about my options for my belts.  At that time there was almost a week delay between emails.  He said then he was swamped so I told him I would wait a few months before sending him mine.  Sounds like he is still busy though.  Since everyone has nothing but good things to say about his work my guess is he has more work then he can handle right now and a lot of people looking for a quick turn around before show season.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
Most of the reports I've read about Python have been positive. Your replies have been about the same. I don't want instant gratification, but an acknowlegement of receipt, a quote, and an estimated delivery date would be nice. The date gives me an idea when I might expect delivery but I imposed no delivery date in my initial contact or further contacts. If that's Pythons business model, so be it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This thread should give others a heads up.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
Dont worry about your belts, they are fine. As others mentioned he gets a little behind and sometimes under estimates time but in the end its worth it.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline 64rustang

• Holland Patent, NY
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 01:24:00 AM »
I had an outstanding experience with Stewart.  I'm sure he will complete your belts with the exceptional quality he is known for. 
BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  TRAN
 65A        D        46       27E      22       3        6
VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER
5F07U148XXX

Offline Texas Swede

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:10:38 AM »
Is this the same guy who sold his business SnakeOyl to Craig Chesley?
Texas Swede from Richardson Texas

Offline Toejamm

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
Stewart did a set of seat belts for me last year.  I would surely use him again.  When you produce quality work, at a price far below your main competition, word gets around.  My guess is he is having some growing pains.  I am sure he will work it out.

Fran
Present Mustangs:
1967 Branded Edition Mustang Coupe
1967 Indy Pacesetter Coupe
1997 Woodward Dream Cruise Edition GT Conv.
2008 Bullitt  Pre-Production 1PP01 - Media Car - First Bullitt Made

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »
Is this the same guy who sold his business SnakeOyl to Craig Chesley?
Texas Swede from Richardson Texas
no
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Ivygreen65

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »
Another positive experience with Stewart.  His work was top notch and invoiced as estimated.  I had no communication problems whatsoever with him. 

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
An update: I've been in contact with Stewart at Python. His explanation about the situation was acceptable to me. My seatbelts are done (well, almost, I wanted the date code tags added) and will be shipped next week. Nuff said. When I get the belts, I'll post some pictures.
Jim