Author Topic: '69 Service specification decal  (Read 1683 times)

Offline 69RavenConv

• Owner since '74
'69 Service specification decal
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
The Service Specification decal on my June, 1969 Dearborn convertible was on the passenger side shock tower. Most documentation I've seen indicates it was usually placed on the driver's side. I'm inclined to replace it where I found it but I'm curious if this location is common, rare, or unheard of?
Phil
'69 Convertible - Dearborn June 4, 1969 - Raven Black & Red - 302-2V

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '69 Service specification decal
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
The Service Specification decal on my June, 1969 Dearborn convertible was on the passenger side shock tower. Most documentation I've seen indicates it was usually placed on the driver's side. I'm inclined to replace it where I found it but I'm curious if this location is common, rare, or unheard of?

Interesting question and I think we can help (what we're here for ;)

Like many details on these cars there are patterns and sub patterns - often unexplainable

So looking at Dearborn cars built during June 69 I found the following.

1- First I have to explain we don't know the real build date of each of the examples so we have to rely solely on vin (looked at 207xxx-214xxx)

2- Cars built before the range mentioned above and after appear (at least in the pictures I have) have the service decal on the drivers shock tower as we typically find them at Dearborn.

Hope this helps document what was going on during that period and help you make your choice - I see a pattern ;)

9F02S204077  so the month appears to have started out with the decal in the "normal" location

9F01F207745

9F01F209640

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69RavenConv

• Owner since '74
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »
Interesting question and I think we can help (what we're here for ;)

Like many details on these cars there are patterns and sub patterns - often unexplainable

So looking at Dearborn cars built during June 69 I found the following.

1- First I have to explain we don't know the real build date of each of the examples so we have to rely solely on vin (looked at 207xxx-214xxx)

2- Cars built before the range mentioned above and after appear (at least in the pictures I have) have the service decal on the drivers shock tower as we typically find them at Dearborn.

Hope this helps document what was going on during that period and help you make your choice - I see a pattern ;)

Outstanding! Looks like 205163 (mine) "fits" the pattern, so the sticker stays on the right side. This site never ceases to amaze.

Phil
'69 Convertible - Dearborn June 4, 1969 - Raven Black & Red - 302-2V

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »
Outstanding! Looks like 205163 (mine) "fits" the pattern, so the sticker stays on the right side. This site never ceases to amaze.

Looks like yours is around the front edge of the change but also in good company. Glad we could offer some support for your finding and choice ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)