Author Topic: 69 Dearborn Head light wiring  (Read 5493 times)

priceless

Re: 69 Dearborn Head light wiring
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:25:20 AM »
Hey all, Check out this website I found just surfing the internet. It's a green '69 Mach 1 SJ Mustang, seems to be original or unrestored except regular maintenance stuff, exhaust , etc.  Also, noticed trunk mat isn't correct for the Mustang. I noticed the right front wheel well, That the marker light wire is held to the bottom of the headlight bucket with one of the small black clips.  Pretty cool to look at. The website is: www.picasaweb.google.com/dustycars/1969Mach1Green#5617068899449228738.  It might be case sensative, so I used capital letters at Mach1Green...Enjoy....Rich
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:26:56 AM by priceless »

Offline Stangly

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
Guys,

Thank you for all the help and the great photos.  This thread is going to be a huge help to all of us first timers.  It's interesting to see the differences between the cars from the various plants.  I noticed that in the Dearborn photos it showed the wires for the parking lights running under the bumper bracket.  The pictures Rich sent from the Metuchen plant show them over top of the bracket.  Jeff does the short head lamp wire have a clip that holds it to the head light extension, wasn't sure about this connection.

Thank you again to everybody this was an area of my car that was missing alot of items and this thread has cleared things up.

David,
69 Sports Roof 302 2V (numbers matching)
Dearborn (June build date) Acapulco Blue
68 Coupe J-Code
San Jose (June build date) Sea Foam Green
2001 V6 Laser Red
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue

Offline Stangly

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
Jeff,

I found (master parts manual ) where the short head lamp clips to thanks again for all the help.
69 Sports Roof 302 2V (numbers matching)
Dearborn (June build date) Acapulco Blue
68 Coupe J-Code
San Jose (June build date) Sea Foam Green
2001 V6 Laser Red
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 12:39:41 AM »
Jeff,

I found (master parts manual ) where the short head lamp clips to thanks again for all the help.

Glad you found the info - was out on the road visiting cars the last couple of days. Show season can be a busy one ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)