Author Topic: Eastwood Products  (Read 1462 times)

Offline koski19

Eastwood Products
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:02:18 AM »
I'm getting ready to bring the Mustang into the shop. I'm considering using one company for the sealers, rust removal and rust preventatives etc. I have chosen Eastwood Products. My questions would be: Have you used Eastwood products on your Mustangs? Which ones? Are you happy with the results? Recommendations?

Thanks
Jeff

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Eastwood Products
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:11:25 AM »
Have used the following

Chassis Black - IMHO too muddy looking and didn't hold up

Their Insta Phosphate or blacking. Used it for small (rattle can lid full) jobs when I've forgotten a bolt or small bracket

Rattle Cans - for certain things they are fine but not always for shat they describe. The zinc rattle can is too blue for my taste, clears are nice but don't last (shouldn't expect them too) Use the carb color and the green from the fake dichromate line for PVS. You get the idea - problem being is that you have to buy allot of them and experiment to find out what they will work for.  Nozzles plug too quickly :(  and the opening is the small size so most nozzles from other brands do not fit.

Like the solder flux for retinning the gas filler necks

As for hardware and tools - most of the time I can find them elsewhere - not re-branded - for less.

Just my experience over the last ten years or so. I'm sure others will have their favorites - mileage will vary
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Eastwood Products
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
They have a lot of good items, some can be bought elsewhere so they're not exclusive to Eastwood.  I'd say most of their items are more for the beginner or someone that may only restore 1 or 2 cars and cost of materials is a big influence.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin