Author Topic: Carter Fuel Pump Body Ink Stamp  (Read 2327 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Carter Fuel Pump Body Ink Stamp
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
This came up in a discussion the other day and thought I would ask the group for opinions and input

Have a number of different fuel pumps/pictures with this ink stamp on them. There are other ink stamps on other parts of the pump but wanted to focus just on this one at the moment

Question - is this a mark found on

1- Original pumps?

2- Service replacements?

3- Ford rebuilt service replacements?

Thanks

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Carter Fuel Pump Body Ink Stamp
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
This came up in a discussion the other day and thought I would ask the group for opinions and input

Have a number of different fuel pumps/pictures with this ink stamp on them. There are other ink stamps on other parts of the pump but wanted to focus just on this one at the moment

Question - is this a mark found on

1- Original pumps?

2- Service replacements?

3- Ford rebuilt service replacements?

Thanks

The typical service pump did not have the pressed in nipple for the inlet (maybe only early service) like the one in the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
The typical service pump did not have the pressed in nipple for the inlet (maybe only early service) like the one in the picture.

Currently all the service replacements I have pictures of have the press in (bottom section) inlets. Might just be the luck of the draw. Challenge IMHO of using that as the identification is that many of the Ford rebuilds would be returned assembly line ones, especially early in that program.
Jeff Speegle

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
Currently all the service replacements I have pictures of have the press in (bottom section) inlets. Might just be the luck of the draw. Challenge IMHO of using that as the identification is that many of the Ford rebuilds would be returned assembly line ones, especially early in that program.
Rebuilds typically would have the nipple a blasted steel color where as new service would be zinc dichromate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »
Rebuilds typically would have the nipple a blasted steel color where as new service would be zinc dichromate.

Make sense :)
Jeff Speegle

Offline specialed

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »
Jeff I have oem 69 dated pumps with the ink id#s on top & # on bottom bowl & made these stamps years ago & top # is different between 428&429.  Your photo is a 428 cj & only seen the yellow code on a 1970 date cj nos pump.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:14 PM »
Thanks -Ed.
Jeff Speegle