Author Topic: 1967 AM Radio Bracket used WITH the console  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Angela

1967 AM Radio Bracket used WITH the console
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
I'm looking for a 1967 AM Radio Bracket, the one used WITH the floor console. This is a 3-pc bracket. I am willing to purchase the entire bracket assembly, or, if someone only had the middle section, I already have the two smaller side pieces of the bracket. I lack to the larger piece that spans the width of the radio housing. If you have one, could you please contact me? Thanks!

Offline Angela

Re: 1967 AM Radio Bracket used WITH the console
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
I am still looking for this bracket. I have acquired the two side pieces (2 of the 3 piece assembly). I would purchase the entire part or if someone happened to just have the wide, center section that bolts to the stud at the back of the radio, I would gladly buy that as well. Thanks.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »
Do you have a picture or drawing showing the bracket?

One of us might having it sitting in a box with no idea of what it fits or goes to ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Paperback Writer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
I don't have an extra one, but I believe this is the bracket in question...
1967 390 GTA Convertible
7R03S110###
76B - V - 6U - 30J - 72 - 1 - U
(Actually built on 9/22/1966 - Eight days ahead of schedule)

Offline Angela

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »
YES, that is correct.... that's the bracket I am looking to purchase. If someone has one they can spare, PLEASE let me know. Thanks guys.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »
Might have one in a box of console stuff (use to restore allot of them in the early 80's)  will check to see if there is one or if I tossed all of those late model parts away in the day.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drummingrocks

Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Angela

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
Jeff, I sent you a PM. Please let me know either way; Thanks!

Thanks for the ebay links! I was kind of hoping to find just the center bracket, since I already had the two side brackets re-plated. But thanks! I may have to buy the entire assembly. The slightly cheaper one on ebay appears to have had the mounting location drilled out. I wonder if that's factory or from a previous owner. :-)

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Jeff, I sent you a PM. Please let me know either way; Thanks!

Thanks for the ebay links! I was kind of hoping to find just the center bracket, since I already had the two side brackets re-plated. But thanks! I may have to buy the entire assembly. The slightly cheaper one on ebay appears to have had the mounting location drilled out. I wonder if that's factory or from a previous owner. :-)

I noticed that the rear bracket had been drilled out too. I can't see why anyone would do that; there's enough adjustment in those thee brackets to make nearly anything fit!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
I'm looking for a 1967 AM Radio Bracket, the one used WITH the floor console. This is a 3-pc bracket. I am willing to purchase the entire bracket assembly, or, if someone only had the middle section, I already have the two smaller side pieces of the bracket. I lack to the larger piece that spans the width of the radio housing. If you have one, could you please contact me? Thanks!

I have a middle section if you still need one PM me.