Author Topic: 65 Coupe cardboard wiper motor arm/linkage cover question  (Read 1130 times)

Offline austexstang

65 Coupe cardboard wiper motor arm/linkage cover question
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
So, my car doesn't have the cover, I bought a re-pop part but don't know how it installs or what it is suppose to look like once it is installed.  Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Ah so, now I've learned that it covers an arm/pivot/linkage, not the motor per se.  I would still appreciate any pictures showing correct fitting of the cover.
Thanks...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:35:46 PM by austexstang »

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 Coupe cardboard wiper motor cover question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
Not a bad question at all, and answered in the Mustang Assembly Manuals. I strongly suggest you get a set for your car, and read them too.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

Re: 65 Coupe cardboard wiper motor cover question
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:58:33 PM »
That is an excellent idea, thank you.

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Re: 65 Coupe cardboard wiper motor arm/linkage cover question
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »
Leo,

I found a few photos; some are my own, others from the Internet...hope this will help.

Picture 1 shows the lower mounting point of an Internet Restoration
Picture 2 shows the same mounting point on the car I'm currently restoring; my cover was torn away but some material is still under the nut
Picture 3 is where I believe the upper mounting point is but am not 100% certain...I couldn't find any photos that are definitive
Picture 4, again from the Internet, shows the inside of the cover and the 2 mounting points
Picture 5, from the Internet, shows the upper mounting point, which I believe is what I've shown in picture 3 and if you look closely, you can see part of the cover behind the wiring

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline austexstang

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »
That is a tremendous help.  I appreciate your research time and posting all of those great pictures.  They also show me how to fold the currently flat tab of my replacement part.  Now for the fun part; working the piece to the correct position and attaching it.

Again, many thanks...

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 02:27:16 AM »
No problem...any time! It's easy to install when nothing is in the way; you may have to remove the Gauge Cluster to get to the top mount.

Good luck and have a great and safe New Year!

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A