Author Topic: '69 six Introduction Show Unit  (Read 1899 times)

Offline camelback

'69 six Introduction Show Unit
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:49:43 AM »
I got a INTRODUCTORY SHOW UNIT 69' six coupe (serial 45) which was released on August the 29th 1968. The car was produced with heavy duty export suspension, export decals, metric speedo and other export stuff. As far as I know it was running since the beginning in Switzerland. Now I'm wondering if it was usual to pre-produce such introductory cars with export options for the oversea markets and if they had to be ordered by the general importer or not. On the Marti report are no such order or serialization dates.

Thanks for your help, Werner
'67 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build May 5th,1967 289/C4
'70 Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build December 16th,1969 302/C4
'71 T-5 Conv.Dearborn Scheduled Build October 8th,1970 302/C4
MCA #74746

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '69 six Introduction Show Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
............ Now I'm wondering if it was usual to pre-produce such introductory cars with export options for the oversea markets and if they had to be ordered by the general importer or not. On the Marti report are no such order or serialization dates.

Sounds like a neat car. Not sure if we can use the term "usual" with or "pre-produced"   since its not a pilot car but a regular production vehicle ordered apparently for a specific purpose. Believe that most years cars were built and shipped to the major markets to stimulate possible buyers. You might want to search out pictures from the larger and smaller auto shows in Europe in 68 to see if you can find a picture or two of your car. Believe that Germany had the largest (might have been in Munich)   I attended that one in 73 but I wasn't looking at the US made cars ;)

Given that it has been identified as a show unit it was likely IMHO imported by Ford for that specific purpose then it was likely sent to a dealer in country since there was no reason to spend the money to bring it back to the US after show duty
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline camelback

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
Thank you Jeff! She's not two bad, I'm the 3rd owner and the first one drove the car almost 35 years, all inspections done at an authorized Ford service station .

I already checked out some pictures from the Geneva car show but didn't found a thing. Good idea to check out other european car shows!
'67 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build May 5th,1967 289/C4
'70 Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build December 16th,1969 302/C4
'71 T-5 Conv.Dearborn Scheduled Build October 8th,1970 302/C4
MCA #74746

Offline dearbornshow1968

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
Do you happen to have a Marti Report on the car  Or maybe the door tag info etc.   Ray  I also have an introductory unit   centralmass@aol.com 

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
Often times US show cars and engineering vehicles were shipped overseas after being used in the states

Offline ExportMach

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
I got a INTRODUCTORY SHOW UNIT 69' six coupe (serial 45) which was released on August the 29th 1968. The car was produced with heavy duty export suspension, export decals, metric speedo and other export stuff. As far as I know it was running since the beginning in Switzerland. Now I'm wondering if it was usual to pre-produce such introductory cars with export options for the oversea markets and if they had to be ordered by the general importer or not. On the Marti report are no such order or serialization dates.

Thanks for your help, Werner
Camelback,
I am the registrar for the Ford T-5 registry and I would like to discuss adding your '71 T-5 to the registry off board. Please PM me.
Mark C
Ford T5 registrar www.FordT5.com
MCA certified judge - '69-'70 concours
1970 Mach 1 T-5; bucked Mar 1970
0F05H172XXX; 63C, 6, 3A, 91, 6, 1