Author Topic: With or without foam: door panel clips  (Read 866 times)

Offline Angela

With or without foam: door panel clips
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
Can anyone clarify whether or not the clips WITH foam pads were used on STANDARD door panels for 67? My old grubby original SanJose-built door panels had the clips with foam pads when I removed them 15 years ago. However, it's not clear to me those padded clips should have been used in my application with standard door panels. Does it (foam or no foam) make a difference?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: With or without foam: door panel clips
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
Yes, clips with foam pads used along the bottom, common practice for all interiors.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 67gta289

Re: With or without foam: door panel clips
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »
Here is a pic of an original 68 standard interior time piece I found in a garage in Port Huron - stashed in the mid 70's attached to a rust free door.  Just wish the dent were on the outside instead of the inside on the "grain".

As far as "making a difference" I would think that the purpose is NVH (noise/vibration/harshness) related.  One less thing to squeek or rattle.

A short rabbit trail is the difference between the standard and deluxe panel clips.  Have not researched yet in detail, but can say that my collection from deluxe panels are longer (deeper) than standard panels.  I heard from a friend that he could not find the longer ones anywhere so "borrowed" a couple from me.  I think I was taken...
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660