Author Topic: Getting a new (old) Mustang  (Read 9713 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Getting a new (old) Mustang
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
Thanks Bob, it has just been restored, and it is about to go on, so it won't be like that for long, just for the picture so you could see the date code.
Mike ,it was as much for you as it was for those that may be reading now and in the future. We don't need any more problems then what is necessary. The boxes the fan clutch's come in sometimes indicate direction for storage too which shows it is a concern. Best of luck on the upcoming work. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
Mike ,it was as much for you as it was for those that may be reading now and in the future. We don't need any more problems then what is necessary. The boxes the fan clutch's come in sometimes indicate direction for storage too which shows it is a concern. Best of luck on the upcoming work.
FYI I often find ether ruminants of red paint or pronounced red paint mark on the thermostatic spring on many units I have seen or had. I have seen this on assemblyline units as well as some replacements. It appeared to be a quick spray shot that was confined to that small area because of the minimal overspray.  I am not sure of the meaning but just that it was some what typical from what I have found.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 04:37:01 PM »
FYI I often find ether ruminants of red paint or pronounced red paint mark on the thermostatic spring on many units I have seen or had. I have seen this on assemblyline units as well as some replacements. It appeared to be a quick spray shot that was confined to that small area because of the minimal overspray.  I am not sure of the meaning but just that it was some what typical from what I have found.

That's interesting, I have seen some red marks/spray on some of my Eaton Corvette clutches from the '60s and early '70s.  Here are some pictures, NOS in the middle, and the last one is a well used old one that when I cleaned the dirt/junk off the spring it was reddish on one side.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »
Beautiful car! Congrats.

Thank you very much!
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.