Author Topic: Just being thrifty - sharing my strategy for purchasing Evapo-Rust.  (Read 5875 times)

Offline rodster

Re: Just being thrifty - sharing my strategy for purchasing Evapo-Rust.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 09:23:31 PM »
......... Place an order through their website, pay via CC and go pick it up.

Just checked, none of my local stores show it in stock or only have a gallon.  Did your store have 4 gallons in stock?
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »
Just checked, none of my local stores show it in stock or only have a gallon.  Did your store have 4 gallons in stock?
Typically the individual stores don't keep it in stock but instead have it sent over from the distribution center.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rodster

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »
So I'm guessing I have to call my local store and ask them to get 4 gallons in so I can buy them on line?  That should confuse them.  ;)
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
So I'm guessing I have to call my local store and ask them to get 4 gallons in so I can buy them on line?  That should confuse them.  ;)
Like with other online sales the transaction and pick up/delivery location logistics are handled automatically .You don't have to contact the store. The only time you have to talk directly to your local store is when you want to buy from them in person and not online. I would suggest to call ahead to give them some time to get the larger quantity there. Last time I did it I called in the morning and they had it over from the warehouse for pick up that afternoon. Another time I called a little later in the day and had to wait until the next morning. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ppc66

• My mustang pics
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 01:01:13 AM »
Since I'm usually impatient... I have several stores nearby and they're all on my route between my house and office.  Last time I bought some each store only had 1 Gal each and I wanted 2 gallons.  On the website order page I ordered 1 from each store I would pass by.  Do this by selecting qty 1 and select the location, go back a screen, add another line item for the same item and select another location to pick it up from.
I am a software developer and the company I work for makes an ERP/Accounting/Inventory control software package... so I know never to trust anything when it says QTY 1. My point being you should call to make sure they can physically put their paws on the one.  It would be annoying to place an order and find they actually had qty 0 when you got there.
There are a TON of helpful evapo rust pages on this site!  Never imagined this could become one of em! :)

-Perry
Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", Renmachine Hella Conversion, CSRP Brakes/Spindles/Booster, Torque Thrusts.
☆☆☆Added January 2014☆☆☆
StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Offline rodster

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »
Like with other online sales the transaction and pick up/delivery location logistics are handled automatically .You don't have to contact the store.

You do if your want to buy 4 from the same store.  ;)  See attachment

It would be annoying to place an order and find they actually had qty 0 when you got there.

-Perry

I've actually called ahead to verify an item was in stock and apparently they are looking at the same database as me (not checking actual stock). When I arrive, qty =0 on the shelf even tho' the system says not.  Yes, quite annoying.  ;)

If I decide to buy 4 gallons of ER from AA I'll call and ask if they can actually see 4 gallons -before- I arrive.  ;D
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »
The stores around me never have more then one gallons amounts on hand like I said before .That is typical of most advanced auto's ,Orielly's etc.  If I order a quantity online it gets automatically shipped to the store in question. The online thing will take a day. If I am in a hurry and it is still early in the day I can call my local store directly and they will have the 5 gallons brought over on one of the many parts runs they typically do between the warehouse and the different satellite stores each day .I would do that before driving all over the city collecting gallons . I always call ahead regardless of which way I do it so I don't waste a trip if it hasn't arrived yet.  The point I was trying to make that you clearly didn't get is that when you do a online order that is how you order only . If you do a phone order you order by phone only and not also online . You don't do both unless you want confusion. Your reply #17 has to be a attempt at sarcasm because you couldn't be that mentally challenged. 

Offline rodster

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »

Your reply #17 has to be a attempt at sarcasm because you couldn't be that mentally challenged.

Don't doubt me for a moment!   ;)  but hey, where's the smiley after your comment?  :)

This has gotten way too complicated....but what I was attempting to convey is you CAN NOT order a quantity (4) online if the Advance Auto store does not have it it stock, the menu comes up to Call Store  hence you can not do an online order w/o calling.

My other attempt at sarcasm (I need to work on that)  ;)  is that I've dealt with parts store counter folks that have no clue what they are doing and only believe what their sales terminal tells them.

So Bob, thanks for your concern for my mental health and the instructions to purchase items from a parts store, that will come in handy next time I need to buy something.  Friendly sarcasm.  ;D

Happy Holidays to all!

By the way, I'm sure to the outside world not involved in concours details such the correct finish on a nut, we must all seem mentally challenged!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:03:41 PM by rodster »
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A