1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

65 GT Instrument Bezel.

(1/2) > >>

Ken65GT:
I have a May 28th,  Dearborn built 65 GT. I'm very close to having it concourse correct.  Someone pointed out my instrument bezel is for a 1966. Is it possible Dearborn used a 66 bezel that early when building my car? I guess I'll need to change the bezel. Thanks to everyone for helping me along the way.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Ken65GT on March 15, 2024, 09:39:16 PM ---I have a May 28th,  Dearborn built 65 GT. I'm very close to having it concourse correct.  Someone pointed out my instrument bezel is for a 1966. Is it possible Dearborn used a 66 bezel that early when building my car? I guess I'll need to change the bezel. Thanks to everyone for helping me along the way.

--- End quote ---

No They would not be available nor shipped to the car plants. No reason for the 66 being introduced especially considering that the GT model was pretty new by by May

Just get the right one and move on to the next thing on the check list

Ken65GT:
Thanks Jeff. Just when I thought I was close, I got one more chore on my list.

CharlesTurner:
The '65 GT standard interior uses the same bezel as the deluxe interior with woodgrain, except instead of woodgrain adhesive inserts, they are camera case adhesive inserts.

ChrisV289:
I?m the one that pointed it out to you 😉

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version