1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 - 1970 Shelby General

64 HiPo - 67 Shelby Hipo Air Cleaner Base

<< < (2/2)

Bob Gaines:
I have never seen or heard of a proper 67 GT350 air cleaner base being reproduced. Heck they can't even get the hipo tops right. Close but no cigar. disappointing the the aftermarket can't get it closer.

Bossbill:
Finally got back home.

Here is pic of the base that was on my car-- is it a real 64/early 65 or repop:
It is 14 1/8" in diameter. It weighs 1.25 pounds. Do you need any other dimensions?
The car and air cleaner have been in my possession for well over 30 years.

Air Filter Side

Carb Side

Hard to tell the Air Filter Side from the Carb Side.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on May 12, 2018, 12:29:24 AM ---Finally got back home.

Here is pic of the base that was on my car-- is it a real 64/early 65 or repop:
It is 14 1/8" in diameter. It weighs 1.25 pounds. Do you need any other dimensions?
The car and air cleaner have been in my possession for well over 30 years.

Air Filter Side

Carb Side

Hard to tell the Air Filter Side from the Carb Side.

--- End quote ---
It is easy to tell if it has a date code in it because the repros don't have date codes. Not so easy to tell if it doesn't have a date code because some original base plates did not have date codes ether. Some of the open emission repro bases only have a single dimple which could be a tell . The typical repro closed emission base has two dimples ,one of which has the large nipple crimped into the center. I haven't kept up with all of the repro versions to know if there is a repro open emission style that has the duel dimples like your picture or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version