Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Non-Mustang Ford Models 1965-73

Air cleaner decal question - Jan 29 69 Talladega

<< < (2/2)

1969 Cale II:
I would have thought that some of you people on here that are way smarter than I would know . Didn't 428 CJ motors all come from the same plant? Did Mustangs have different decals for a Q code? Is there a reason why there are 2 styles of decals? Wondering if there is before/after date on the decal?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on August 28, 2023, 06:38:21 PM ---I would have thought that some of you people on here that are way smarter than I would know . Didn't 428 CJ motors all come from the same plant? Did Mustangs have different decals for a Q code? Is there a reason why there are 2 styles of decals? Wondering if there is before/after date on the decal?

--- End quote ---

Because the engines as shipped did not have air cleaners on them. Those were sent from a different supplier to the car plants in different shipments from the engines. It was common to find some engines that shared the same air cleaner lid decals and others that offered different ones based on things like the engine and air cleaner being installed in a Ford or Mercury example

Often other stickers/decals would be shared like (for this time period) the AUTOLITE drivers side one that identified the replacement filter number since they had that in common

Not aware of any date codes on air cleaner CU decals. You can often (but not always) find an engineering or part number though. You might be referring to that and it would be different since it identified different designs/versions

67gta289:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on August 28, 2023, 06:38:21 PM ---I would have thought that some of you people on here that are way smarter than I would know . Didn't 428 CJ motors all come from the same plant? Did Mustangs have different decals for a Q code? Is there a reason why there are 2 styles of decals? Wondering if there is before/after date on the decal?

--- End quote ---

It is my understanding that all FE's were assembled at the Dearborn Engine Plant (DEP) on the Rouge complex.  By the 1967 model year they were all tested, but not dyno'd, with records logged on a main frame computer.  But as Jeff stated in the previous reply they did not ship with the air cleaner.

1969 Cale II:
Thanks guys. Lets try this. What is the correct air cleaner decal for a 69 428 Q code non ram decal in a Mustang. I see cars using both.

J_Speegle:
Don't have any examples were the CU decals have not been replaced with reproductions at this time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version