Author Topic: Radiator support markings - 66 Metuchen  (Read 315 times)

Offline 66RavenGTCoupe

Radiator support markings - 66 Metuchen
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »
NOTE: This post was split away from other thread so additional discussion and focus on the specific year and plant could follow. Original/related thread below 

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=701.0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What also would be interesting is examples from 65-66 Metuchen cars, with accompanying buck tag codes.  There may be a correlation there.

I think that this may be what you are after...

This seems to be a "B" on the PS in front of the battery as you can probably tell by the vent holes in the RS panel.

I think that reads as 182 and then 227 under it. The 227 is the same as the rotation number on my build sheet.

I have no idea what the 182 could be so any help there would be great. Before reading this thread I thought that the "B" may have referred to the tinted glass that I have but the two theories of day of the week and assembly rail line seem more plausible. I am actually pulling the engine and C4 out in a few months time for a full rebuild and will be fully detailing the bay so hopefully I can add to this thread with the markings under the black out paint. Hope I was of some help and I love learning from you guys like Jeff, Caspian65, Midlife and P Bush. I am hoping that one day I may learn enough to help others out as I'm 40 and plan on keeping my girl until I can't drive her anymore. My car is unrestored and in great condition for a Metuchen car so if I can help in any way please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 05:17:25 PM by J_Speegle »
66 Metuchen, NJ  GT Coupe
Raven, Deluxe Black Int
6T07A1612##
BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  TRANS
    65B     A      66           02M     22          1     6
Buck Tag:
C/O  362  (Customer Order, Rotation Number)
5    M7 (Weld Bay 5, Bucked Dec 7)
PIO (Performance Image Option - GT)