Author Topic: 1967 428 PI Throttle Return Spring  (Read 1054 times)

Offline kkupec02

1967 428 PI Throttle Return Spring
« on: January 12, 2024, 09:32:56 PM »
I had a non correct throttle return spring on my car that I finally got around to changing out for a correct reproduction by Mansfield Restoration in Massachusetts. I threw out my old spring as it was "weak" and not correct. I hate my new spring. The old "weak" spring allowed me to feather the gas and gave me a lot of control. The new reproduction correct spring is tight and unforgiving. Should I try a different spring from another company or are all the reproduction springs this way, ie tight?
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 428 PI Throttle Return Spring
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 09:46:31 PM »
I had a non correct throttle return spring on my car that I finally got around to changing out for a correct reproduction by Mansfield Restoration in Massachusetts. I threw out my old spring as it was "weak" and not correct. I hate my new spring. The old "weak" spring allowed me to feather the gas and gave me a lot of control. The new reproduction correct spring is tight and unforgiving. Should I try a different spring from another company or are all the reproduction springs this way, ie tight?
There are not too many people that have offered a 67 GT500 return spring . Mansfield is the only one I am currently aware of that offers one. Now knowing the dimensions of the spring you may want to try and come up with one on your own.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby