Author Topic: Assembly Line Picture -  (Read 1537 times)

Offline jwc66k

Assembly Line Picture -
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »
I found this picture on this site with a feature about the 64 1/2 Mustang convertible replica. At least the worker looks happy.
http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/10/31/fords-making-a-replica-64-12-for-sema-lets-check-out-the-original-pony-24-photos/
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Assembly Line Picture -
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
Looks to be the same as the one used in the Mustang Monthly article of a few years back written by Jim Smart

While we are on assembly stuff I found that another San Jose worker stopped by a local shop the other day and shared some memories with one of the shop guys. Now I just have to get it donw in note form and figure out how we can share this sort of thing here. Also we should have some interesting stuff to share in a few weeks related to the subject if every thing works out ;)

Yes a tease  8)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:39:11 AM »
I found this picture on this site with a feature about the 64 1/2 Mustang convertible replica. At least the worker looks happy.
http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/10/31/fords-making-a-replica-64-12-for-sema-lets-check-out-the-original-pony-24-photos/
Jim

I hadn't heard about FORD itself being involved in building a replica of a 64.5 Mustang Convertible using (I presume) the new Dynacorn body. Is the object to build it using 100% reproduction parts? CAN it in fact be done? LOTS of small stuff that I don't think is reproduced.....

Offline Pete Bush

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:40:05 AM »
While we are on assembly stuff I found that another San Jose worker stopped by a local shop the other day and shared some memories with one of the shop guys. Now I just have to get it donw in note form and figure out how we can share this sort of thing here. Also we should have some interesting stuff to share in a few weeks related to the subject if every thing works out

Jeff, I'm continuing to research this subject, and look forward to any info you can share. :)
'66 6-cylinder Sprint Convertible
Metuchen - Scheduled May 10th; Built June 21st

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
I hadn't heard about FORD itself being involved in building a replica of a 64.5 Mustang Convertible using (I presume) the new Dynacorn body. Is the object to build it using 100% reproduction parts? CAN it in fact be done? LOTS of small stuff that I don't think is reproduced.....

The prior Dynacorn fastback shell was a Ford licensed product, wouldn't think they would do anything different with this convertible shell.  The shells are licensed and sold as a "replacement part", just the same as if you changed the air filter on your car.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin