Author Topic: Blower motor guard insulator  (Read 1308 times)

Offline lightwtjet

Blower motor guard insulator
« on: September 12, 2023, 11:11:10 PM »
Here  is an old post--
Author Topic: 1965 Ac blower motor question  (Read 469 times)
1965 Ac blower motor question
? on: March 04, 2016, 11:05:21 PM ?
Hello, was getting ready to put the ac together tonight but wasn't sure if there supposed  to be a rubber lnsulator between the blower motor guard and case, thanks gary
============
I just had my guard off of my 68 Dearborn car- and there was a tiny rubber insulator at one of the guard attachments. Seems very odd to me.
1968 CJ - Owner and paint original. Dec 67 build in Dearborn. One of 50 135 Cobra Jets. Ford engineering used it for 8 mos. to resolve problems in the 50 early car build. Ford by-passed the normal sign off to get cars to the Winternationals drag race.

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
Re: Blower motor guard insulator
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 10:32:39 AM »
I'm not sure why you didn't link to the original thread, so here it is:
https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=13196.msg80864#msg80864

65 factory under dash and 68 integral factory a/c have nothing in common. I assume then you mean 65 under dash (either factory or dealer installed) and 68 dealer installed under dash a/c?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:40:34 AM by Bossbill »
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline lightwtjet

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »
I tried to reply to Gary and a flag came on reminding me the post was very old (7 years). In total, there have been over 500 views by people on this tiny rubber insulator. I would suggest that it was not an insulator, but rather a way to allow the guard to align with one of the studs that goes through a hole in the guard. My guard did have the 2 screws. I will post a picture of how the guard is attached. Thanks.
1968 CJ - Owner and paint original. Dec 67 build in Dearborn. One of 50 135 Cobra Jets. Ford engineering used it for 8 mos. to resolve problems in the 50 early car build. Ford by-passed the normal sign off to get cars to the Winternationals drag race.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 03:38:07 PM »
We have had no issue with posting on old threads. Currently the thought is that if we don't keep updating the old threads with new information a viewer may likely find that one older thread and stop their research there and not look for newer, more current information and thought. Yes it can in some cases make the thread very long but the belief is that it is better, here to keep the information together rather than have a dozen individual threads that in total would be just as long.  ;)

We realize that often the new responses are not to help the OP answer a question, that time has long past in some of these threads, but to help the next person with the same question. Just trying to share how we look at older threads compared to other sites. Will likely merge this one with the older one but I too didn't understand the connection exactly in your first post so glad you offered a follow up statement
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)