Author Topic: silver lower body color satin or gloss  (Read 1715 times)

Offline bdietz

• 1971 429 SCJ
silver lower body color satin or gloss
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:44:38 PM »
The body shop is getting ready to paint my Black 429 SCJ Mach 1 with the silver hood inlay and the silver on the  lower body and valances.  The hood is supposed to have a satin finish. But what about the lower body and valances are they gloss or satin?

The shop is trying to talk me out of painting the hood satin and wants it to be gloss.  They said I won't be able to wax it, and I will have a lip in the paint.  I see cars that have done it in a gloss and it doesn't look bad, but I was going for a concourse look.

Do judges deduct points if the silver hood inlay is not satin?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: silver lower body color satin or gloss
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 11:01:06 PM »
The body shop is getting ready to paint my Black 429 SCJ Mach 1 with the silver hood inlay and the silver on the  lower body and valances.  The hood is supposed to have a satin finish. But what about the lower body and valances are they gloss or satin?

Low gloss - satin finish

The shop is trying to talk me out of painting the hood satin and wants it to be gloss.  They said I won't be able to wax it, and I will have a lip in the paint.  I see cars that have done it in a gloss and it doesn't look bad, but I was going for a concourse look.

Do judges deduct points if the silver hood inlay is not satin?

If its a judged show and your entered in a restored or original class then yes of course non-original parts or finishes would be grounds for a deduction. A satin finish on that long hood will be welcomed as it reduces the reflection of the sun
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)