Author Topic: 73 Grill Question  (Read 1969 times)

Offline 67foxgt390

• Long time Mustanger
73 Grill Question
« on: October 02, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »
 Hi I have a 73 Mustang Convertible. On my last drive the Q code ate a bird breaking the grill. My question is: my car has the egg crate looking grill. I thinking about putting in the Mach 1 grill instead, just looks way cooler. Is this "correct" or not. I have seen a few low mileage convertible in Mustang Monthly in original shape with  the Mach 1 grill. y car is basically loaded and looks like a Mach any way with the paint NACA hood chin spoilers and the rest. opinion needed please. Thanks in advace!!!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 73 Grill Question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:44:28 PM »
"Correct"  well given the question and where your asking my response is no. IF you want to start down the "cool" pathway there are allot of things to change and if you choose to only do this on an otherwise nice original looking car then you may be suggesting to others that its original just because of how the rest of your car presents itself. I dislike the rubber bumpers and think the chrome ones would look better  :)

Had an all original 73 Q convertible with a flat hood. Did I ever think of changing the hood?  Yes - but never would.  Then it would be just another "all original " except for .......... Mustang
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)