Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Pitman Arm Guide 65 to 73

(1/3) > >>

Anghelrestorations:

Just added another section to the Suspension Guide I have been working on in my spare time.  The full version is on my website - this link here is for just the section on all the different original pitman arms used from 1965 to 1973.  I added notes on correct paint dab colors where I am sure, but others I left blank as I have conflicting data so if someone has information with known original examples let me know and can update.

Link here:
https://anghelrestorations.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/65-to-73-Pitman-Arm.pdf

20210708_183056-002 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr

Bob Gaines:
Another good job on the article.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Anghelrestorations on December 06, 2023, 01:03:00 AM ---Just added another section to the Suspension Guide I have been working on in my spare time.  The full version is on my website - this link here is for just the section on all the different original pitman arms used from 1965 to 1973.  I added notes on correct paint dab colors where I am sure, but others I left blank as I have conflicting data so if someone has information with known original examples let me know and can update.

--- End quote ---

Nice job

I've found different paint markings on some parts between originals and service parts this may explain some of the conflicting findings you mention

Example would be "1965/66 eight cylinder Mustang C5ZZ-3590-A".

Have originals (65 in this case that I'm looking at) marked with a white and muddy red/red oxide. While have pictures of service parts marked muddy red/red oxide and light blue

Paint markings may only apply to certain production periods since things can change and processes refined

1965 and 1966 Shelby GT350 only, S1MS-3590-A - Often found with yellow paint on later 66 built units

Anghelrestorations:
Thanks Bob....just trying to stay busy. 

Jeff - yes for the C5ZZ-3590-A I have photos of blue paint markings and others have told me white so until I have better will just leave that blank for now. 
And have seen yellow on the 65/66 Shelby arms but that was on restored cars and not original. 

jwc66k:
It's sort of implied, but the Pitman Arm Guide is an addition to a previous suspension article, or is it a separate one? The updates should be compatible.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version