Author Topic: Carburetor Restoration  (Read 3723 times)

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
Carburetor Restoration
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
OK here's something I've been waiting for...
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2gsgu/index.html  Carbontooters is advertising as a PRIOR PONY CARBURETORS EMPLOYEE who will restore you carburetor to what appears to be just like PONY, for 1/6th the price.

I'm going to send my 2100 to him to do ($95) and see for myself.

He says he will pay shipping both ways and fix any problems for free, if you have any complaints.

66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline MyRed66GT

Re: Carburetor Restoration
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
Kurt did my 4100 for me. It looks gorgeous...hope it runs good too! I'll get back to you on that in a few years! lol

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »
Kurt did my 4100 for me. It looks gorgeous...hope it runs good too! I'll get back to you on that in a few years! lol

IF you truely are going to be a "few years" time before running your carb it will most likely need to be re-done again just from sitting.

AND Folks: FYI: (I have no experiance with KP carbs) BUT back a few years ago when he was trying to get started he had a bad attitude, and not a real good communication with folks who sent their carbs to him, and seemed to take a long time in returning carbs to folks....may be he has changed????  BTW anyone know the status of Jon @ Pony??? I understand that he is battling brain cancer....

Offline sparky65

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »
He did mine as well.
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=1881.0  Some of the pictures are washed out since I took them outside.

I think it looks great and it fired right up without any adjustment.  Even after it bounced all the way to NPD and back thanks to the UPS guy picking up the carburetor he left the day before instead of the exhaust kit. The auto choke gets stuck sometimes and I need to help it out of fast idle.  I probably have to replace that.  He was very responsive by email.  We exchanged quite a few especially when I finally got it back and I wanted to make sure it was okay.  He was very fast, he evaluated it the day it arrived, told me he would be out of town for the weekend but it was still done in 10 days.  This was last September he rebuilt it, it took me till May before I could actually try it it didn't seem to suffer from sitting that long. 

Someone told me one time that he goes away for the winter.  Not sure if that's true but it may explain the longer response time.  Anyway it sounds like its his hobby not his job.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline 5F09CNot4Sale

• If it does not fit, you need a bigger hammer!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:34 AM »
I had the same experance as Fred did However mine was opposite. Kurt at Carbontooters was nice and willing to do exactly what I wanted and Pony Carbs would not sell me what I wanted insisting on what they wanted to sell me. Kurt does indeed do this for a hobby, says so right on his web page.
5F09C3031XX Sept 28 64 Dearborn
5F07F1838XX June 29 64 Dearborn