Author Topic: And yet another newbie  (Read 788 times)

Offline Detector

And yet another newbie
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Hi All,

New to the site, old mustang fanatic. My first car was a 1965 K code convertible 4 speed my dad had ordered as a police car and gave to me on my 16th. Since then I've owned many many mustangs over the last 40 years. I got in to restoring back in 2004 when I bought a 1970 Mach 1 351w 3 speed manual. It had multiple past paint jobs and was blue when I bought it. Got a Marti and saw it was originally Calypso Coral which really liked so I restored it back to original and loved it. Won my first trophy at the annual classic car show.

Some 15 restores latter and here I am. I currently have a 1973 Q Code Mach 1 and a 1995 GT convertible. I'm real close to buying a 1965 C code coupe to restore concours. I am also in the process of taking my 73 Q code back to concours. The past owned made a 1/4 mile car out of it with 4.56 rear gears with a locked/spooled? rear end, manual reverse throttle body trany kit, forged pistons, solid cam, roller rockers, balanced and who knows what else. The guy I bought from didn't know for sure what it had other than what I listed that he told me. Runs very well but a bit awkward on the street.
1965 C code Coupe
1973 Q code Mach 1

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: And yet another newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
Welcome - hope you find the site useful and helpful in your efforts
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)