Author Topic: Blue Daub on steering arm  (Read 802 times)

Offline RocketScientist

Blue Daub on steering arm
« on: January 02, 2024, 07:48:34 AM »
I came across a pic of a 70 Boss (Metuchen) that has a medium blue daub on its steering arm and I was wondering if this is normal? I read that 69 Bosses have the blue daub to signify bigger spindles, so would this be a carry-over from the previous year?
Brad

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Blue Daub on steering arm
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 02:14:23 AM »
Have examples with a similar blue or a turquoise on the steering arm section of the spindle. May be tied to when the spindle was made. You should also find a somewhat thin piece of green friction tape on the upper arm of the spindle helping to identify it also.

Sometimes in conjunction with the turquoise on the arm there is a second color also. We can dig deeper if you need or wish
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 08:36:11 PM »
Jeff, I would be interested in seeing what information you have, so the markings aren't miss-applied.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 09:04:26 PM »
When was your car built/completed or a sequential number so I can provide the closest matching information/pictures for you?
Jeff Speegle

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 02:42:08 AM »
Jeff it was was built November 14, 1969 at Dearborn and I'd like to see if these markings apply to my car.
Thanks, Brad

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 04:13:49 PM »
Jeff it was was built November 14, 1969 at Dearborn and I'd like to see if these markings apply to my car.
Thanks, Brad

From 0F02G1427xxx Would expect that the spindles for both Dearborn and NJ Boss 302's came from the same provider

Only other Boss from the time period appears to have had the markings redone and possibly with the wrong markings since they match non-Boss 302 examples.
Jeff Speegle

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 08:41:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I did not expect them to be more widespread on both NJ and Dearborn.