Author Topic: WTB: Set Rear Bumper Guards 1967  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Ralf

• http://mustang-cabrio-67.jimdo.com/
WTB: Set Rear Bumper Guards 1967
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
Hi,
looking for some original rear bumper guards 67 (ideally incl. rubber+ black painted)
Thx Ralf
1967 Convertible 289, C4 Automatic, Built Nov 30 1966, SJ, DSO75.

Offline Ralf

Re: WTB: Set Rear Bumper Guards 1967
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:53 AM »
No one have them?
Could be w/o rubber as well, any colour.
Thx
Ralf

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
No one have them?
Could be w/o rubber as well, any colour.
Thx
Ralf
All kinds of them out there . They are still common over here.  They are on ebay weekly for instance. You may get the ebay buyers to ship to Germany. Forum members may not want to go through the time and trouble that international shipping sometimes imply. That is probably the main reason that the multiple people on this forum who have them myself included don't respond. Only posted because by your post it reads like you don't understand why people don't respond to your request. Best of luck on your search.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Ralf

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:33:55 AM »
All kinds of them out there . They are still common over here.  They are on ebay weekly for instance. You may get the ebay buyers to ship to Germany. Forum members may not want to go through the time and trouble that international shipping sometimes imply. That is probably the main reason that the multiple people on this forum who have them myself included don't respond. Only posted because by your post it reads like you don't understand why people don't respond to your request. Best of luck on your search.   

It is that easy to put the parts (if not too big) in a "standard" USPS box format and to ship them. Thats about it. I really do not understand why people always think they would have trouble. Freight cost can be calculated via USPS calculator or asked in the store. Thats may be the only thing which creates some extra work.
I got several parts in the time being from people living in the States with no issue at all. Tax and fees have to be paid anyways by me (when parts arrive in customs), as well as the part price of course and shipping cost. And you recently sent horns to GER. Believe it was not difficult, because you did it. But thanks for your wishes.

Ebay parts I saw so far, are rubbish more or less.

May be someone has some better to sell.
Thx
Ralf

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:42:18 AM by Ralf »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:31:54 AM »
It is that easy to put the parts (if not too big) in a "standard" USPS box format and to ship them. Thats about it. I really do not understand why people always think they would have trouble. Freight cost can be calculated via USPS calculator or asked in the store. Thats may be the only thing which creates some extra work.
I got several parts in the time being from people living in the States with no issue at all. Tax and fees have to be paid anyways by me (when parts arrive in customs), as well as the part price of course and shipping cost. And you recently sent horns to GER. Believe it was not difficult, because you did it. But thanks for your wishes.

Ebay parts I saw so far, are rubbish more or less.

May be someone has some better to sell.
Thx
Ralf
Not me I have never sent anything to GER or any country other then Canada for years. I will not send to Canada again ether after that learning curve and customs documents . You have me mixed up with someone else. The Ebay parts you saw were rubbish? There is not much to mess up on bumper guards.  What is your criteria for them not to be rubbish ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Ralf

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:42:30 AM »
Criterias are not bended/damaged, not completely deeply corroded and OEM.
Have no issues with paint or rubber (to be replaced).

I'm only looking if somebody has a nice pair of rear bumper guards 67 for sale.

Thx
Ralf

Edit: please send pn if you have some you would like to sell. And again, its really not a big deal to ship such small parts overseas.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:41:10 AM by Ralf »