Author Topic: Better Late Than Never  (Read 1956 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Better Late Than Never
« on: July 14, 2018, 01:22:58 AM »
Been on trips this week (currently sitting in an airport as I type this post)  and been away for a number of days.  Before I left I wanted to post this but raced off and forgot so here it is now. This week was our anniversary of this little site. Born on  July-11-09

Doesn't seem that long ago and the purpose of the post is to not really focus on the celebration of the passing date but the opportunity to say THANK YOU to every member here. Thank you for your support, thank you for your time and efforts and thank you for keeping this a helpful, welcoming site while still  keeping the focus and well organized.

I continue to be told by members, as I meet them around the country, what a great resource this place is for them, how they never thought others share the same drive and interest in the details that make out cars what there were, or others that would share freely.

Could go on but we have other things to discuss and share. :) Just wanted to post a quick note of the day

Again - Thanks!!
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline preaction

Re: Better Late Than Never
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 02:39:12 AM »
Jeff, You and the others who got together on those days before deciding to put yourself out there and to commit to an unknown amount of time and resources to help so many achieve an end result that many of us thought to be unachievable, Thanks.
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline 1966KGT

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:10:46 AM »
I, we, thank all involved in bringing this to any ones attention. As stated it is an awesome site!
1966 K GT, BUILT 11/08/65 4 SPEED, SAN JOSE CAR, 1969 Mustang convertible, 1970 MACH 1, 1963 GALAXIE Q code Fastback, 1966 mustang t code coupe, fuel injected

Offline tobkob

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:12:44 PM »
A big Thank You to Jeff and all the others who make this the best mustang site of all. Thank You and Happy 9th Birthday :)

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline rodster

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:06:49 PM »
Happy Anniversary!

This has got to be the most well run and informative sites around.  Lots of knowledgeable people willing to share information without an attitude.  Just the right amount of entertainment to keep it light.  ;)

The THANKS go out to Jeff, Charles and others behind the scenes that make it all happen.

Hopefully this site can pick up where the SAAC forum left off and become a home for Shelby enthusiasts looking for help.  Just make sure it's backed up.  ::)

Whenever I mention the ConcoursMustang forums to anyone in the hobby, the response is always positive. 

Hoping to enjoy, learn and share more in the years to come.

1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:34:41 AM »
Very thankful for all the members here.  Hard to believe 9 years has already gone by!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Murf

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
Great resource!  Thank you to all of those who do the heavy lifting to keep this running.  You have provided so much to the Mustang community. 
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline ExportMach

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:40:09 PM »
I try and lurk the pages here at least once a day. As I continue on my path to an MCA Gold card certification I really appreciate the postings from other hard core Mustangers who are willing to share their vast knowledge and observations. And occasionally I chime in.

Also, as I prepare to begin the concours resto on my '70 Mach I find helps all the time even before I think I should search or post a question. I look forward to starting a build thread soon. Well done, everyone.
Mark C
Ford T5 registrar www.FordT5.com
MCA certified judge - '69-'70 concours
1970 Mach 1 T-5; bucked Mar 1970
0F05H172XXX; 63C, 6, 3A, 91, 6, 1

Offline Morsel

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
Yes agreed this is and has been my biggest resource for information about my car and technics and information shared here to help me in my restoration journey, it's been a huge asset and I can't thank all of you enough for creating this site and continuing to be so involved with information and suggestions... thanks to everyone who keeps this site functioning and continue to contribute. "Happy Anniversary Concours Mustang Forum"!

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Hawkeye

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »
Many thank yous to all that contribute.  I may not have a full-on concours Mustang, but it sure is nice to have info to get certain details correct.

Offline Mike_B_SVT

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
Thanks for the great site and top notch information!  Also, it was great to finally meet you Jeff :-) 
Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »
Great site. Great people that go out of their way to help.

Do be aware of the side effect -- your casual restoration may turn into a 'correct as can be' concours restoration that will play havoc with your original schedule and obliterate your budget as well!

If you're not really careful you will search out every correct assembly line component and Thoroughbred may not be too far behind.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Do be aware of the side effect -- your casual restoration may turn into a 'correct as can be' concours restoration that will play havoc with your original schedule and obliterate your budget as well!

If you're not really careful you will search out every correct assembly line component and Thoroughbred may not be too far behind.

Are you suggesting that we need to place a Warning Label on the site???   ;D
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 06:55:49 PM »

Are you suggesting that we need to place a Warning Label on the site???   ;D
Yes, and an Environmental Hazard to your checkbook would be essential. ;D
I enjoy this site as well, even though I have forsaken working on old Mustangs due to health reasons (bad back).  It's so refreshing to see what happens to so many people when OCD kicks into high gear. ::)   If only I could create a Way-Back Machine, I could retire with great wealth by charging folks to go back to Dearborn/San Jose/Metuchen for a couple of hours.

Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »
Yes, and an Environmental Hazard to your checkbook would be essential. ;D
I remeber a sign in a speed shop I use to frequent back in the mid 60's  -
"Speed Costs Money.
"How Fast Can You Afford To Go?"
For the current frequenters of this forum, with a goal -
"Quality Costs Money.
"How Much You Got?"
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.